One moment you on your way to work or home and the next you’re in the hospital. How did this happen? Car accidents occur for many reasons. But when negligence is to blame, you have a right to file a lawsuit to collect just compensation.
Following is a list of some of the most common causes of car accidents:
- Driver distraction: With the abundance of smartphones, GPS devices and other gadgets available to the average person, it’s no wonder driver distraction is one of the leading causes of auto accidents. If you are injured by a person who is talking on the phone, texting, eating, or distracted in any other way, an experienced lawyer can help you file a lawsuit.
- Driver fatigue: If you feel tired or exhausted, you probably know to pull over and rest. Unfortunately, many truck drivers stay on the road when they should be sleeping. Fatigued drivers have slow reaction time and may swerve suddenly. If you spot a fatigued driver, contact your local law enforcement authority.
- Failure to obey traffic laws: Speeding, unsafe lane changing and failure to obey traffic signs and signals are examples of highly dangerous behaviors that can lead to injury and even death.
- Mother Nature: Let’s face it, some of the worst driving conditions aren’t caused by other people, they are caused by Mother Nature. Rain, fog, snow, wind and sleet can make operating a motor vehicle a complete nightmare.
- Drunk driver: Individuals who drive drunk endanger the lives of everyone on the road. If you or your loved one was injured by an inebriated driver, you may have a claim.